Okay I'll admit, the following post was written in anger. Anger that may or may not have been spurred on by the excessive stresses that come with buying your first home, so where all of the below is true, my feelings towards them may be exaggerated...a tiny bit...
Upon the shower going cold after 10 minutes and calling to get this fixed
* Showers only stay hot for 10 minutes, that's the nature of showers, I don't see why you and your partner need more then 10 minutes of hot water.
Upon pointing out there is no extractor fan in our bathroom and damp had started surfacing
* Damp isn't a health risk.
After letting himself and a trades 'friend' in to have a look at some repairs that needed done...while we were out with no prior warning!
*Ach I just let myself in.
Upon finding out that their coveted 'counter lights' feature in the kitchen doesn't even work
* You don't need under counter lights to live the property is livable without them.
After living in the property for a total 30 seconds and noticing the fridge doesn't even close
* You don't need a fridge to live, just keep it closed with some heavy books.
After meeting with the landlord to discuss the damp, leaks, creaks and disrepair in his structure...
* That weed in the driveway is 'out of control'
After meeting number 2 about the damp, leaks, creaks and disrepair in the house
* Oh no damp, that leak from the previous tenant is back is it?
After refusing to lower the rent despite the structure quite literally falling a part!
After being too embarrassed to show potential new tenants around the property himself because of the damage he had left for near 10 months!
* Just you show people around to re-let the property
(Said on a Thursday) Less than 1 week until our big move we should drop everthing...
* Can't you show 2 / 3 people around before Saturday?
Honestly guys sometimes while I was renting I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or become a homicidal maniac (could you really blame me) all I have to say is my thoughts and prayers are with those still renting from private landlords. I have literally never come across one who is willing or able to do their jobs correctly, or care for their tenants in the slightest (oh and did I mention the costs they're attempting to charge for their 'services' yeah see ya!)
As you guys know I love a good rant so please be sure to share your thoughts, musings and heinous landlord experiences in the comments below! But as per you can catch me and my shiny new home on Twitter and Instagram as well as more from the blog on Bloglovin.
Until next time folks, I'm free at last!