So while chatting and tweeting with a few readers and fellow bloggers a couple of days ago, I was touched to hear that Talita, of Talita Says had nominated me for the Liebster Award (for much more info zip over to Talita's blog!) Now before we all get a head of ourselves and writing our pageant acceptance speeches a few details must be duly noted:
- The Liebster (German for 'dearest'/'beloved') Award is an inter community honour which aims to inspire a blogging environment of positivity (much like the free love movement)
- There is no prize or award for the Liebster
- Upon nomination you must complete 5 tasks in order to express acceptance and keep the love train going!
1. Make a post dedicated to the Liebster Award and follow the rules of common courtesy, be thankful.
2. State 11 interesting facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 - 11 new bloggers.
5. Write 11 new questions for those bloggers to answer.
11 (what I think are) interesting facts about me.
1. My mother raised me to always be clean and tidy, yet I am probably the biggest slob ever.
2. I love to travel alone, sounds like a lonely existence but snuggling down with a good book on a bus is one of the greatest things I can think of doing.
3. I am an only child and I love it, now that I'm 20 I use this as an excuse not to share anything!
4. This is the longest time I have stuck to maintaining a blog, so happy I am though.
5. It is one of my life goals to complete the London Marathon by the time I am 25.
6. My grandma threw away all of my hundreds of pokemon cards, to this day I am devastated.
7. I am addicted to online shopping, the i-Pad is my nemesis.
8. Because of my job I am not allowed to paint my nails, so it's a massive treat when I can.
9. I will have finished my degree by the time I am 21 (also a life goal)
10. I would love to be able to say I am good at baking, the sad fact of the matter is I work in a bakery but I am a disaster in the kitchen.
11. My TV guilty pleasures consist of 'Real Housewives' and Millionaire Matchmaker.
Talita Says' 11 Questions
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What's your most treasured memory?
3. What's the best advice you've ever received?
4. What song have you had on repeat lately?
5. What's your favorite part about blogging?
6. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
7. Who would you bring with you?
8. What's your definition of the perfect day?
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
11. What's your biggest dream?
1. Having lost time for writing due to studying I began to really miss it and starting this blog has kept me grounded and helped me rediscover my love of writing.
2. Not really a specific memory as such but walking to the cinema every Sunday with my parents as a kid.
3. Start as you mean to go on - I have used this advice in every walk of life.
4. Let It Go - Idina Menzel from the Disney hit 'Frozen'
5. Being part of something bigger than myself, and chatting to people with similar interests to me.
6. Cliche I know, but New York.
7. I would bring my partner Nick.
8. Shopping and having enough money to do so!
9. My happy family life (by which I mean my relationship with my parents)
10. So far making it through my university degree without cracking!
11. To have a published novel or to run my own events management company.
My chosen Bloggers
My 11 Questions
1. Other than blogging what are your hobbies?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What is your biggest achievement so far?
4. What are your favourite beauty products at the moment?
5. Which fictional character do you most identify with (book/film)?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
7. And what would you do?
8. Who is your role model and why?
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
10. What is your favourite film?